Our leagues are the perfect excuse to get together with friends old and new, and enjoy a little competition. With no experience necessary you’ll compete individually while receiving tips from our friendly coaches – with plenty of time to hang out between throwing. All registered league players will receive a limited edition Section 37 T-Shirt.
Any throwers 14 and over can join our leagues. Minors will require a parent or guardian to sign the league play waiver.
Warm Up Throws
Players may have up to 2 practice throws prior to their official match; there will be 60 minutes of free throwing prior to league play if you require more.
Each league night pairs a player or team against another player or team.
- Each match consists of a mixture of Cricket and 21
- In each match, players/ teams will switch targets halfway through the match to ensure that
- The winner of the match will be the person with the most points at the end of scored throwing.
- In the event of a tie, there will be sudden death:
- Players use rock, paper, scissors to determine who throws first: winner chooses;
- The players will throw again and the winner will be the person that scores the higher points during that throw.
- If throwers tie again, they must continue with sudden death until there is a winner.
- A win or a loss will then be recorded.
- 4 points for the bullseye
- 3 points for the 2nd ring
- 2 points for the 3rd ring
- 1 point for the 4th ring
- 0 Points outside of red outer ring
- If the axe sticks in 2 rings, then the player will be awarded the points for the higher valued ring.
- The axe must remain in the target for the throw to count.
- Players must throw at the same time.
- The points count regardless of how the axe is sticking to the target. (back of the blade, shaft, etc..)
- League players are allowed to throw axes in one of three ways:
- 1 hand holding the axe & over or behind the head.
- 2 hands holding the axe @ over or behind the head.
- 1 hand holding axe, blade facing target underhand.
- The axe must make approx. 1 rotation in order for it to count.
Players must throw between the 2 marked lines on the floor.
Attendance & Absences
If a player arrives late or doesn’t show:
- The player that was schedule to go against them will perform 10 throws and have their points recorded and will automatically win the match
- The late player will automatically lose and a zero for all throws.
- Top 16 (or 75% of) players with most points will make it to the final week of playoffs.
- Match-ups: The player with the highest score will throw against the player with the lowest score. The second highest vs. the second lowest score and etc for the rest of the match-ups.
- The winner will be the person who wins 3 out of 5 matches
- Referees will keep score, and are the final call on points and any disputes.
- Scores will be posted weekly, no later than the Sunday following league play. League throwers will receive an email with location of score data.